October 24, 2007

Introduction

For the past 10+ years, I have been very busy building a Personal Training business from scratch. Prior to that I was a Medical Technologist for about 15 years, but I got tired of working crappy hours, for low wages, under high stress, and being exposed to chemical and biological hazards. In 1997 I decided it was time for a career change. I still have low wages, work lots of hours (but not crappy ones), and love what I do!

Being self employed (in any field) means that you are always working. Always. I typically put in 12 hour days spending all of my time and energy on everyone else's training program, but haven't had much left for myself. A decade later, I've found myself in the worst shape of my life (physically and mentally). This past year I finally decided that I needed to make my own fitness a priority again. The purpose of this blog is to help keep me focused on my own trail running goals as well as document my progress, triumphs and failures.

No comments: