February 17, 2008

Time to Regroup

Well, my training this month has basically imploded. I've only run 100 miles for the entire year so far, with a couple of 10 mile weeks in a row to start off the month. One of the downsides of being self employed in a company of 1 means that I have to deal with any problem that arises without having the luxury of getting assistance from someone else. I've been spending most of my time in the "IT department" the last few weeks - not my strongest area of expertise!

I won't go into the entire story, but suffice to say that being unable to communicate with one's customers does not bode well for business. This resulted in having to find a new web host, transfer domain, build a new web site, etc. Found a new host about 10 days ago, and have been trying to learn CSS ever since. The domain transfer finally took place this past Fri-Sat, which left me spending 11 hours on Sat with tech support trouble shooting a variety of glitches, and another 5 today working out a few minor website bugs. Hopefully the worst is over and I can start running more regularly again. Whew!

BUT....

I basically need to go back to base building miles instead of hills and speedwork. Back to square 1. Maybe a few short tempos every now and then. My last long run was a 10 miler 2 weeks ago, and 4 is the longest I've been able to squeeze in since then.

Running for Feb:
2/2 - 10+ miles
2/5 - easy 3
2/8 - easy 3
2/10 - easy 3
2/12 - tempo 4
2/14 - screw shoe test - steady 2
2/17 - steady 4

About 2 months to go until Trail Mix. Yikes!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The good news is that this race is not a goal race, per se, but the first one in a long year of training. Eight weeks is more than enough time to get yourself ready for a lowkey, tune-up 25k. You won't be in peak shape, but you definitely can use it as a race to get in shape for the summer.