November 27, 2007

Getting Back on Track

After going out of town for Thanksgiving and missing what sounds like a stellar Fat Ass run out at Afton, I'm finally getting back on track. Last week was spent raking leaves and hanging out with a basset hound in Michigan. It was fun, but no running took place.



Yesterday I got in some strength training and an easy 2 mile run.

Today was a hill pyramid on the treadmill - just walking at 4.0 mph from zero to 15% grade and back down again over 45 minutes.

The plan for the rest of this week is an easy 4 on Thursday, strength and cross training on Friday, easy 6 on Saturday, strength and cross training on Sunday.

I have 3 more weeks of early off season training (easy running, low weight/high reps strength training) until I start adding hill repeats, tempo runs, and a little higher intensity strength training. I'll start gradually increasing my total mileage and long runs too, with the first major race currently being Trail Mix 25K on April 19.

No comments: