December 24, 2007

Snowshoeing Finally!

Had only 1 client this morning, then free at last! Got in a quick weight lifting session since I was at the gym anyway, then decided to try out the new shoes. Perfect weather for snowshoeing: 10 degrees, no wind, about 4 inches of fresh powder snow, sunshine....went back to Bredesen Park for my first ever snowshoe venture.

The first task was just getting them on - getting straps cinched and tucked out of the way with gloves on (then gloves off). After that it was pretty easy. Walking anyway. Jogging felt very awkward and less efficient than just walking....I think I was slower trying to run! It will take a little practice, but it was fun.

Anyway, it was a perfect winter morning to be outside playing in the the white fluffy stuff - I ended up sharing the park with a few cross country skiers. I even saw a wild turkey (never saw one here in winter before).

No comments: